Policy and Implementation Advisor for the Implementation of the Business Registration Agency
Calling for Expressions of Interest
The Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Serbia requires a Policy and Implementation Advisor, who will advise and assist the Director and Management Board of the Serbian Business Registration Agency (SBRA) through the first few months in implementing the business registration reform on schedule, both with respect to legal issues and in managing the reform and coordination process.
To undertake the assignment outlined above, the Policy and Implementation Advisor must have the following experience and skills:
· Minimum ten years of work experience in commercial and corporate laws;
· Understanding of the history and content of the business registration laws just adopted in Serbia, and familiarity with the range of issues requiring inter-ministerial coordination and experience with liaising with relevant international organizations such as the World Bank, which is managing the Trust Fund for the Serbia Business Registration Reform;
· Experience in law drafting and legal analysis in Serbia;
· Excellent English language skills;
· Familiarity with European legal practices and commercial law trends would be an advantage.
The assignment is envisaged to start in early July 2004, or as soon as possible after signing a contract, and will run until 31 December 2004, with the possibility of extension.
Consultants are now invited to indicate their interest in providing the above advisory services. Interested consultants must provide sufficient information documenting that they are qualified to perform the services including a description of similar assignments or projects undertaken.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the "Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers”, published by IDA in January 1997 and revised in September 1997, January 1999 and May 2002, and the provisions stipulated in the Swedish Grant Agreement.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted by June 17th, 2004 (17.00), by E-mail, addressed to:
Ms. Snezana Tosic
Project Management Unit
Republic of Serbia
Terazije 23, 6th floor
Tel: (+381 11) 30 20 815
Fax: (+381 11) 30 20 828
Further information on the assignment may be obtained from the above mentioned contact person, from Monday-Friday (10.30 - 17.00). download